Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Shot: Afternoon Shadows

 During my trip to Madrid, I collected some of my favorite shots, including Reflections and Tapas Table

My time at the Reina Sofia began waiting to meet my colleagues in the courtyard near the entrance.  I arrived early, relishing the opportunity to people-watch.  The entry line snaked away from the door, inching towards the museum steadily, but slowly.  When the rest of my party arrived, we joined the throng.


Inside, we wandered amongst great works of Spanish art, marveling at the talent and vision contained in the walls.  Moving between floors required use of the glass elevator overlooking the courtyard.  The landing of the top floor provided another view to watch the crowds below.  


As I stood, watching the sun dance across the courtyard below, I took another look at the buildings flanking the space.  Not sure whether it was an apartment building or something else, I focused on the building to my right.  The shadows of the balconies contrasted with the whitewash of the facade. At first glance, it resembled a fractal pattern, with the same basic elements (balcony + door + building) combined over and over again, but upon looking closer, I began to see the individuality of each combination: a bicycle, an open door, closed shutters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment