Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Projects: Portraiture with Ashley Memory

Over the past few months, I've posted a few times about events for my friend Ashley Memory and her upcoming novel, Naked & Hungry.  

While working with Ashley on stock photography projects, she asked me if I'd consider doing some headshots to assist in promoting her novel.  As you can see from my collections, I'm not exactly a portrait photographer - and I don't really see myself going in that direction at the moment - but it sounded like a good way to expand my skill set and get some experience with a very sympathetic and understanding client. 

We've done several morning shoots, with locations including the NC Arboretum and the Forest Theater on the UNC campus, as well as Ashley's house in Pittsboro with gorgeous fall foliage as a backdrop.  We've gotten a little more adventurous each time and our third session at the Forest Theater produced the author's photo for her book cover.

In addition to the skill development side of things, this has also given me some of my favorite shots, even if they're not going on any book jackets any time soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment