Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Shot: Gateway Stroll

I traveled to St. Louis last fall for a conference; I was lucky enough that my hotel was adjacent to the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, more commonly known as simply the Gateway Arch.  

The St. Louis riverfront reminds me so much of Davenport, where the river is accessible and integrated into the downtown.  While so much of the city expands away from its banks, there is still that connection to the water that permeates its identity.

On my first evening there, I walked down to the park to take advantage of the sunset glinting across the panels of the arch as it soared overhead.  After descending the stairs that form part of the levee, I turned back towards the arch in time to capture this:

Gateway Stroll, Art & Photography Finalist, Line Zero, May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment